• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Multiple Comps

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tricky to explain, but hopefully clear enough and would be a huge workflow helper.

I have one Master Comp with lots of little precomps layed out inside (think of a big bank of tv screens). Now the master comp is the layout and is where all the work happens and the info is transferred to the mini comps (wont go into that here), but basically the little comps are what each "TV" in this scenario sees.

Now I need to render out each little TV separately for use.

Is there ANY way for me not to have to open up each precomp and add it to the render cue every single time I want to change something on the master comp?

ie. Is there something that will allow me to add all of the precomps to the render cue in one go? Creating a preset of some kind? I don't see an option in the project manager for adding a composition to the render cue from there, otherwise I could have selected them all and added them all in from there in one go?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

You don't need a precomp to be open in order to send it to the render queue. you can highlight the precomps you want to render in the project panel and click ctrl+m or composition->add to render queue. All the precomps are there.

This is very obvious so If this is not what you are asking please further explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a precomp to be open in order to send it to the render queue. you can highlight the precomps you want to render in the project panel and click ctrl+m or composition->add to render queue. All the precomps are there.

This is very obvious so If this is not what you are asking please further explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks v much.

I was expecting to be able to do that by right-clicking on the selected comps in the project manager, but you have to do it from the composition menu. Easy when you know how...

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I was only implying that this is a fairly beginner stuff considering the complex setup you had that maybe I was not understanding you correctly. You could use the shortcut like I do. Adding a composition to the render queue actually has two shortcuts that do the same thing. Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Shift+/ (which I am used to)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries at all.

Shift>cmd>M is my usual shortcut. I just always do it from inside the composition. Didn't know you could do it from the project manager too.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines