• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Suite 2017 Freeze iMAC (Sierra 10.12.4)

Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

We are working on iMAC with MacOS Sierra version 10.12.4. We update to the last version of Adobe Suite (2017) : mainly use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indisign. Since the OS update, everytime  we open or use one the application, the iMAC completely freeze.

We have checked for updates (Apple and Adobe both side).

Does anyone encountered the same issue ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

In addition to the suggestions from Kglad, another good test is to try creating a new administrator account on the mac and see if you encounter the same issue when attempting to launch the apps from there. Sometimes when upgrading your Mac OS, user permissions for products which were already installed become damaged or set incorrectly.

Please see this article for more information:
Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account | Mac OS

This is also a good resource for best practices to k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are the trials? will those not be the complete programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe trials are time-limited full programs.  they all activate to non-trials with a serial number or with a cc sign-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not an Apple issue I just finished chatting with them, it is an Adobe issue they need to release an update to be compatible with Sierra 10.12.4 hopefully soon since this is the reason I just purchased a new Mac to use the latest Adobe Creative!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer.

I spent so much time looking for a fix. We just need to wait then : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like it! But I hope Adobe fixes it soon since it it becoming very annoying!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the suggestions from Kglad, another good test is to try creating a new administrator account on the mac and see if you encounter the same issue when attempting to launch the apps from there. Sometimes when upgrading your Mac OS, user permissions for products which were already installed become damaged or set incorrectly.

Please see this article for more information:
Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account | Mac OS

This is also a good resource for best practices to keep in mind when upgrading your OS

Creative Cloud application, update, best practices, avoid disruption, smooth upgrade

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off the GPU performance in InDesign and Illustrator is the temporary fix until Adobe releases a fix, once the GPU is turned off I have not had and freezes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop. I tried all the steps you already suggested, and they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these "solutions" do not work-- I was on an online chat and then on the phone with Adobe representatives who walked me through all of this, and it didn't accomplish a thing. The guy ended up claiming I just didn't have enough memory on my brand-new laptop, which is bullshit. Adobe needs to address this issue asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too although I'm not using a MacBook, I'm using a Lonovo laptop. The trials worked fine and now I've bought a month's membership, all the apps are glitching and freezing and crashing - it's ridiculous. I need to do work and I can't. I might have to cancel this membership if it isn't fixed soon. I wish there was a number to call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this been marked as answered? A lot of us have posted have questions here that have not been answered. Staff members' comments are marked as "correct answer" even though we the users are saying that these "solutions" do not help. We have surmised that Adobe has a compatibility issue with the latest Mac OS, yet no one from Adobe has here acknowledged that. What's going on?

I'm extremely disappointed. I have used Adobe products for years and was looking forward to buying Photoshop 2017. But considering that the trial version doesn't work, and Adobe refuses to respond to these issues, I guess I will have to look into your competitors' products, and I will encourage friends and colleagues to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, the only app that works is audition, Adobe has a huge problem with Sierra. I can't use anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new iMac and have been encountering occasional crashes too, and it seems related to Photoshop.

I use PS every day, and my computer was crashing every day or two. I had noticed a weird flicker -- like an instantaneous screen-refresh -- that happens a couple of times a few minutes prior to a full-blown crash, and seems to only happen when PS is open. I became suspicious, and started exiting PS while away from the computer. Since I started doing that, my machine has been running for nearly 4 days so far with no crash -- a new record for me.

I will try a clean install of the entire suite and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick follow-up to my post: my uptime lasted 7 days, by never leaving Photoshop open when not in use. However, today I crashed while working in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines