• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Permission Error

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks in advance!  Ive done some research on issues regarding 3rd party editing software (the one I am attempting to use is Nik Color Effex) and I believe it is a permissions issue.  It never used to happen on this computer as I have been using Nik with Lightroom for nearly 1.5 years nothing is newly installed.  It just unfortunately stopped working.  Here is a screenshot of the error message I get when I select Photo / Edit in Color Effex Pro

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 3.14.15 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

From the Error message you are getting it seems that you have drive/folder permissions problem.

Please state the exact path to the folder those images are held in. The error message states Volumes/Nikon D7100 which to me looks like it is the actual camera. Like you imported those images from the camera without actually copying them from the camera to a folder on a drive that is connected to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Error message you are getting it seems that you have drive/folder permissions problem.

Please state the exact path to the folder those images are held in. The error message states Volumes/Nikon D7100 which to me looks like it is the actual camera. Like you imported those images from the camera without actually copying them from the camera to a folder on a drive that is connected to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you may try and update Lightroom to its latest update for 6.10/2015.10 and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JSM,

Good work my friend. I have no earthly idea how that happened but Lightroom was importing but not copying the file onto the computer. I had always thought importing meant like you know.. Importing lol. Yes this was the issue as soon as I pointed it back to my 2017 folder everything worked just like it should.  Thanks for everyone's help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines