Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing whstart.ico file

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't want to use the standard whstart.ico file in my WebHelp. I want to use our SW .ico file. How do I change this for the help system to pick up?

Thanks,

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mary -

We replace three files per generated project but it must be done manually.

I created the images/content that we need and gave them the corresponding RH file name. We keep these in a separate directory in the project. After generating the project I copy those three files into the generated target folder with Overwrite=Yes. All is well.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2008 Jun 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GEWB,

Do you name the file you copy in whstart.ico?

Thanks,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mary -

Sorry for the delay - I've been on vacation/holiday.

We replace three RH generated files with our own versions - same file format and same file names as the GENERATED files:

favicon.ico
whstart.ico
whskin_banner.htm

I created our versions of those files and created a folder (aaa-manual-replace) in the project (help) then dumped our files in the folder. After we generate the project we then copy those three files from aaa-manual-replace into the generated folder (!SSL!/help/) Replace/Overwrite=Yes.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if RoboHelp 7 or future versions will support an automatic (not manual) way to update the favicons universally? I don't want to have to manually overwrite these files everytime I republish my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Betsy

You could take the easy road. Save the icon to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin

If you did that, it should be the icon used by default for any and all projects.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick,

I'm still on RoboHelp 5, so this gives me more incentive to upgrade. I tried overwriting the whstart.ico file in my RH 5 directory, but that didn't work.

Thanks,
Betsy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Betsy

Hmmm, overwriting the icon in the proper folder *SHOULD* work for x5 the same as it would for 7. Can you expound on the steps you followed and how you are perceiving it has failed?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sure, Rick,

I overwrote the whstart.ico files in the following directories with my new ico file:
C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHELP\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin
C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin

I ran a search for that file name, and it appeared in both directories. Therefore, I replaced it in both places.

I then opened my RoboHelp project (.xpj file) and File > Generate Primary Layout (WebHelp) to re-publish my whole project. Then I opened a browser and deleted my history and temporary internet files before opening my project. The new favicon didn't appear; the default one is still there.

If you need more information or see where I might have gone wrong, please let me know. I'm grateful for the help!

Betsy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp