• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Disappearing InDesign CC 2017 on MACBOOK PRO

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text disappears all the time in my InDesign documents.

This is getting annoying. I thought maybe it was a glitch in my software so I updated to the latest version and it is still happening. As you can see there is text in this text box. It randomly disappears and then partially reappears. This text box is full of text from top to bottom but only the one line in the middle and a couple of lines at the bottom are showing. It is not just with this document or this text box. This has been happening with all kinds of documents.  I have to do all kinds of messing with it to get it to reappear. Sometimes I just have to select all, cut and make a new text box to get it to appear again. Please help!

Screenshot 2017-04-17 13.40.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you invoke the Recompose All Stories command? Does it come back?

• Mac: Cmd+Opt+/
  • Wind: Ctrl+Alt+/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. For me, I can make it come back by scrolling so the page goes out of my view, then scroll back again.

I'm not sure if this will help, I haven't tried it yet..
Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TTeddyau/ruthyduncan,

I have tried with few files at my and I am not able to reproduce the issue at my end.

Can you please verify on which version of InDesign are you facing this issue?

Also, it would be really helpful for investigation if you can share a sample document with which I can reproduce the issue.

you can drop the file to me @ monsingh@adobe.com    

Thanks.

Monica Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to produce a document next time it happens. I use the latest version in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have text wrap turned on by default, by accident, do you? Have you checked to see if text wrap is turned on in some graphics frame or text frame that is nearby your textframe where the text is disappearing?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've been using Indesign for like 7 years and its something that's just started a few months back. I'm wondering if its my MacBook Pro. I'd be interested in know what system ruthyduncan is using. But if it was that, I would suspect that other programs/apps would be doing the same.
I haven't used my desktop for a few years, so can't compare it with that, not yet anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to uncheck the GPU-performance under Preferences > GPU Performance. Solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its always been unchecked, thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if some View setting got changed...like the View > Colors options. I generally have it off, but I've turned it on before when I have strange redraw issues. Not sure it would fix your issue. I know my text disappears with I invoke the zoom shortcut...always gives me a mini heart attack, then I find it's there when it's done zooming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on PC. Text dissappears, except for a the line I'm on and maybe a few others. Many things make it come back, the simplest being to escape and move the text box. This is a major hassle as it kills the workflow, pulling me out of typing. Occurs very regularly now, at least 1/min.

Any new advice or solutions on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try the usual things: turn off GPU acceleration. Turn off Type Contextual Controls. Both of these are in Preferences.

Here are more tactics:

InDesign CC 2018 Troubleshooting How-to Guide

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines