• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 won't start after following Adobe suggestions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after my PC suffered a power failure whilst closing Lightroom 6 (performing backup) Lightroom won't load.  Initially after the power cut the PC loaded ok and Lightroom started but what looked like a fresh install.  I attempted to load  recent backup but Lightroom just hung.  I followed instructions to delete the 'locked' file and when that did not work followed instructions to delete and reload Visual c++ files, then repair the newer ones.  I have tried uninstalling Lightroom 6 and installing from the original disc, didnt work, and downloaded Lightroom from Adobe which also did not work.

is there anything else to try before I reload Windows (7) as it seems working with everything else on the PC, just Lightroom won't load.

I have tried both Lightroom.exe in the folder and the shortcut on the desktop, all that happens is the circle spins for about two seconds then stops.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi DASBQ,

Could you please try opening Lightroom as an Administrator? Right click on the Lightroom.exe file and select "Run as administrator".

If that doesn't help then, rename the Slstore and Slcache folder as mentioned in Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DASBQ,

Could you please try opening Lightroom as an Administrator? Right click on the Lightroom.exe file and select "Run as administrator".

If that doesn't help then, rename the Slstore and Slcache folder as mentioned in Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No still does not work.

running as administrator still creates the lr.lock file but after remaining the files suggested to old the lock file does not appear.  i tried as administrator after renaming the files but there was no sign of any activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please ensure that after reinstalling Lightroom 6 it is updated to the latest version 6.10?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I update Lightroom if it will not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the update from this website and run the install on your computer.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, downloaded the update but it would not work.  Used Windows update and loaded very file available and got Lightroom working!

note that I also copied the previous catalog backup into the catalog folder after removing the latest.  It appears the last backup was faulty as I tried putting it back in and Lightroom crashed again.

Only lost a couple of days work thanks to backing up every day.

Thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines