• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat ads a file permission password, which I never created

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find out what my permission password is? Acrobat is adding a file permission password that is not letting me merge files.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Acrobat doesn't do that by itself. How were these files created? How did you get them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files were scanned using a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus scanner. The scanner allows the creation of a PD file. I tried to merge all files and Acrobat asked me for a permission password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the scanner's software probably did it. Ask the creators of the file to give you the password, as ask for a non-protected version.

Anyway, there's nothing we can do to help you with this issue. No Adobe application will remove this protection without the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm the creator and the HP scanner is connected to my computer. I just checked the scanner utility software, I didn't find a way to add a permission password. I will continue to research this issue until I find an answer. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines