Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIGITAL SIGNATURE WITH ACROBAT READER FOR MAC

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRIENDS,

I have a Mac Book Pro with the updated Sierra 10.14.2 operating system.

All of a sudden, after updating to the latests Sierra version, Reader started to ask me for the keychain password for my digital certificate. I provide the password but then Reader tells me that the certificate is not "confident".

I have discussed the problems with the technical staff of the Bar Association and have confirmed that 1) my cryptographic card is well installed; and 2) the updated operating system is not the problem.

I have discussed with Apple support and the keychain password I use is  correct. Further, my Mac reads the certificate perfectly well.

It was suggested that i create a new user buy I hesitate to do it because I would have to reinstall the certificate and this would be extremely cumbersome and does not guarantee that the problem will be solved.

However, Acrobat reader doe not consider my certificate valid. And the keychain cannot apparently be disconnected.

Any ideas? I must sign documents for court purposes within 48 hours.

(Personal contact information removed for security purposes)

Thank you

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear hectorrnolnar,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

First, i hope you have restarted your machine after the update.

Second, please uninstall Reader and try installing again. I am sharing with you a different version of Reader so that we can be sure that the previous one has not gone into a corrupt state.

Please install from    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/Acrobat2015/1500630033/

Then go to Help -> Check for Updates.   This will install the latest version for you.

In case, you still face the issue after doing so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error message.

Thanks and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

The file I access through the link  is an exe file. I am not working with Windows but from a Mac Book Pro. So, I assume I would need a different download link.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi héctorrnolnar,

Please use this link ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/AcrobatDC/1500720033/ to install Reader on Mac.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

The issue continues. The file seems to be older than the most recent reader DC file that I had installed and deleted to allow for this new installation. The error message continues to appear and this time the certificate shown before the error message is an old certificate that will expire in July 2017, while I have a new certificate (change of lawyer ID where the certificate is included) expiring in two years. This means that an older version opens an older certificate.

Can I retrieve solely the adobe reader Dc version prior to April 5, 2017 (when problems started) from my Time Machine?

Rgds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear héctorrnolnar,

Since the issue persists in older DC version also, I do not think the issue is caused by any Adobe update.

Maybe there is some issue with the Mac Sierra update. In home we cannot reproduce the issue.

Please send us a screenshot of the error message that you get.

Also please select the digital id for signing in Acrobat-->Click on "View Details" link beside the id -->Click on "Summary" tab and take a screenshot-->Click on "Details" tab take a screenshot -->Click on "Revocation" tab and take a screenshot

Please send all the screenshot details and mail to cdas@adobe.com. We will need all these details to analyze the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines