• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I use Premiere Elements 9. When I drag a clip to the time line, the time line is magnified. Can this be turned off?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag a clip to the time line, the time line is magnified.  Can this be turned off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In length or height?  Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before:

After:

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those screenshots are good.  But, it put me in a memory box.  I can't remember the version 9 interface from when I used it 6 years ago.  I think you are in the preview window and haven't actually put the clip on the timeline yet.  But, I'm not sure. 

With those screen shots, someone with a better memory of version 9 might be able to help. 

Sorry!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill,

No I have not placed the clip on the time line yet.  Everything gets magnified as I am trying to place it and it is hard to see exactly where it is going to be placed.  Some times it is inserted into track one or track 3 when I am trying to insert it into track 2.

If it is not in the right track it is hard to move it afterwards.

I hope someone else may have an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you single click drag it from the circle and drop it to the square without pausing?Capture.JPG

You should also be able to right click the clip in the red square and select "insert in timeline". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines