Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorise Flickr plugin

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening All,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with the Flickr plugin.  Have been happily using this for years, but the other week, it stopped working.  I went to try and publish a couple of pictures (having successfully done so the day before), but I got an error saying that the plugin was not authorised.  I didn't close down the laptop in between, just closing the lid with Lightroom running, might have been the cause).

In an attempt to solve the problem I have disabled the Flickr plugin in LR.  Now, when I click 'Authorize' in the plugin manager, I get the following dialog:

LR Flickr 1.PNG

I'll skip over the fact that Adobe think that re-installing the program is an acceptable way to solve such a problem...  When I click OK on this dialog, nothing happens, and the publishing manager says 'Not Authorized':

LR Flickr 2.PNG

I think that clicking 'Authorize' is supposed to open a web page where I login to Flickr - is that right?  I don't get a browser window.  Have tried changing the default browser between Chrome and IE, no difference.  I have removed LR's authorisation from Flickr.  Can anyone suggest anything that might sort this problem?

Cheers,

Al.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

I have got fed up trying to make Adobe's crappy plugin work. Instead, have switched to Jeffrey Friedl's plugin which is more powerful and had no problems getting authenticated.

Thanks for nothing Adobe.

Al.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got Flickr open in the background? Are you up to date with Lightroom as well? Just in case somethings changed in the Flickr SDK/API that requires a newer version of the plug-in.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom (am at version 6.9), have had the Flickr web page open in the browser at the same time (same result whether Flickr is up or not).

Al.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have got fed up trying to make Adobe's crappy plugin work. Instead, have switched to Jeffrey Friedl's plugin which is more powerful and had no problems getting authenticated.

Thanks for nothing Adobe.

Al.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines