• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature is not LTV or is it? -> When to use local ocsp cache... multiple documents opened

Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

(using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2015.023.20070)

I'm doing some tests with digital signatures in a pdf. The signatures are done programmatically with third party libraries.

There is something that i don't find right in the verification handling of the revoke status of the certificates in the chain.

test 1. using the oscp for primary certificate and the crl's for the intermediates. both are embedded in the signature.

opened in Adobe reader it says ".. is LTV enabled..."

test 2. using crl for the whole certificate chain and is embedded in the signature.

opende in Adober reader it says ".. is LTV enabled..."

Now the same.. But

opening the file from test 1 (LTV ok),

keep open,

open the file from test2 (LTV not ok)

I understand this is not a normal usecase.

But it's not ideal that having multiple files open in adobe influences the LTV status for a document.

(i suppose it says ltv not enabled, because it uses the ocsp response in the local cache, instead of the crl that was embedded)

Just for info. It can be confusing for developers.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raynor999999,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

By default, Acrobat Reader tries to use the embedded revocation info in the signature. The LTV status should remain same even if multiple documents are open at the same time.

So please can you share with us the file so that we can replicate and analyze the issue at our end.

Thanks and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per the email conversation with raynor999999, he can't share the file.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines