Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon T7i Raw format will not work with Photoshop CS 6 and Bridge

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have updated lightroom and it now recognizes the new camera and raw format.  Downloaded the 9.11 plug in raw installer and installed it under window 10 64 and photoshop and bridge don't recognize the new camera and raw, even though the T7i is listed in the plug in.   anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions.

thanks

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

You cannot install 9.10 in CS6. The last compatible version is 9.1.1. You need 9.10 for your camera but that is only compatible with Cloud versions.

Use Lightroom to convert to DNG then edit the DNG files in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronbschechter  wrote

Downloaded the 9.11 plug in raw installer

Please confirm the exact version number of Camera Raw that you have installed. There is no version 9.11 (nine point one one or nine point eleven)

I suspect you mean 9.1.1 which is the last version of Camera Raw which is compatible with CS6. That means you'll never be able to open Raw T7i files in CS6.

In the unfortunate numbering scheme used by Adobe, 9.1.1 was followed by 9.2 through to 9.10 (current) and 9.10 is the version you need for the T7i.

However 9.2 onwards are only compatible with Cloud (CC) versions.

So your options:

1. Join the Cloud, get CC and install Camera Raw 9.10, or
  2. Import Raw files into Lightroom and convert to DNG. Then edit the DNG files in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I miss wrote the number.  downloaded ver 9.1.1 and the version number showing up under help and plugins is ver 9.1.1.461  I also tried ver 9.10

thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot install 9.10 in CS6. The last compatible version is 9.1.1. You need 9.10 for your camera but that is only compatible with Cloud versions.

Use Lightroom to convert to DNG then edit the DNG files in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for the info.  I knew that I could edit through lightroom.  It's unfortunate that Adobe is very transparent about wanting to sign everyone up for subscription software and is not updating CS6 along with CC.   Running into same issue with Acrobat Pro; that have to buy subscription for software outright for DC.  Not the raw issue.

When CS6 needs to be replaced on my computer, will look for another product Vs Photoshop.

thanks again.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Photoshop CS6 is obsolete an later updates are subscription only, you are four vesrsion behind.

No, Acrobat is available for permanent license as well as subscription.  The permanent version will run behind the subscription But you can buy Acrobst DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines