• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - A4 magazine to A5?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a magazine in A4, but I want to shrink it down to A5? How do I this whilst also scaling down images and text correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i would recommend using alternate layout feature of Indesign. Do refer this article Liquid and alternate layouts in InDesign

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you get frustrated with liquid layout not working, you can move on to our QuickResize, which is simpler and more reliable:

QuickResize – Id-Extras: InDesign Scripts, Tips & Solutions

However, if you don't need the actual InDesign file to be resized and editable and just need the final PDF to be resized, there are free ways of doing that... Depends on what you need.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A4 will scale down to A5 pretty readily - it's 70.7% on the depth and 70.4% on the width. If you don't have many pages you could select all items on the page and scale them to 70.4% and nudge the height to suit, or you could just output at 70.4%.

Regards,

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jofish,

Were you able to find success with any of the above suggestions? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines