• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relocate Originals after editing Capture Time

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I've recently migrated from Aperture to Lightroom, and my Folders are organized by Image Date.  When I edit the metadata Capture Time, does Lightroom have a feature to move the Master to a different folder based on the revised Image Date?  I understand how to manually move photos to a different folder, but am hoping there's an automated process similar to the Aperture "Relocate Originals" feature.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Hi jtd,

I believe if you generate 1:1 previews for all your images while importing, You'll be abe to work on your files when the source where they are saved is disconnected which should serve the purpose of moving images to a different source. .While, there is no such automated process to move all images based on modified date in Lightroom, but this can be done easily, Take a look at this discussion Move & rename photos within Lightroom?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jtd,

I believe if you generate 1:1 previews for all your images while importing, You'll be abe to work on your files when the source where they are saved is disconnected which should serve the purpose of moving images to a different source. .While, there is no such automated process to move all images based on modified date in Lightroom, but this can be done easily, Take a look at this discussion Move & rename photos within Lightroom?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash.  Bummer there's no automated process to move images in bulk that replicates the import process (aka, no auto-restructuring feature), but I appreciate the confirmation. 

If I choose to manually move the images, I'll be sure to do it through the Lr Folders Panel so they won't get disconnected.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why this moving of photos to a new folder is necessary.

If you change the date of the photo, then Lightroom's filter bar will find all photos taken on that date; it will used the changed capture date when it searches. It doesn't require photos to be in properly dated folders. Seems like much less work to use the Filter Bar than to move photos manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dj_paige,

Your point is valid and well received.  I'm used to keeping the Masters organized in dated folders, and using the photography software to create albums.  But perhaps that isn't necessary anymore, so I'll take it into consideration. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines