• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Lightroom CC not importing some photos?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac OS X El Captain version 10.11.6 and the Latest download of Lightroom CC.

Overtime if Upload photos to be imported there is always a few photos  for some that are not being able to be imported into Lightroom.  This does not make any sense.  I see there is not n option on this page to attach the screen shot I made of the import results from yesterday.

So I will just stage what came up:

These files could not be imported

- items 1-100

- items  101-220

- items 201-300

items 301-388

A couple of weeks ago I had my Computer guru come to my house to see to a couple of things and I mentioned this to him and he did a repair of Lightroom permissions.  Unfortunately from yesterdays import problem - the issue has not be rectified.

Please advise

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there more to the error message, something like "could not be read" or "could not be copied"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no error except for these words Some import operations were not performed .

Lower down on the page prior to the items " I forgot to mention that when the message itemised the actual words were: 

These files could not be copied to the backup location (388)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Import dialog, check two things:

in the Destination panel, make sure it is pointing where you expect.

in the backup folder, make sure it is pointing where you expect.

Using Mac Finder, go to both of those folders and make sure your username has both READ and WRITE access to those folders and to their parent folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines