• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas size increasing instead of decreasing

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Photoshop CC 2017.1.0, and now when trying to decrease the canvas size, the size increases instead. See screenshots below.

I am missing something obvious? Is this a known bug? Any fixes?

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.06.34 am.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.06.46 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

You're absolutely right. It's repeatable. And, if you take the next set and try to set it to 78 pixels again, it'll go up to 632 pixels!

BUT, I found that ONLY happens when using an Artboard - it works like normal, if you create a document and don't choose "Artboards" in the New Document panel.

I will be entering  a bug report here (Feature Request/Bug Report Form) today. May I suggest you do so as well, so that they can see it's repeatable?

The post I created is at: Problem Resizing Canvas when Artboards are Used | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right. It's repeatable. And, if you take the next set and try to set it to 78 pixels again, it'll go up to 632 pixels!

BUT, I found that ONLY happens when using an Artboard - it works like normal, if you create a document and don't choose "Artboards" in the New Document panel.

I will be entering  a bug report here (Feature Request/Bug Report Form) today. May I suggest you do so as well, so that they can see it's repeatable?

The post I created is at: Problem Resizing Canvas when Artboards are Used | Photoshop Family Customer Community on that post, you can add a Me Too at the top of the page...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an aside, by the way - someone on that other community suggested using the Artboard tool, instead. I'd failed to ask you, @stevecrown, had you tried that?

I still say though - if we can make documents that are artboard based, those *should* work like canvases... we should be able to resize like normal. I'm going to leave my post there, just to see if anyone else has an idea, or if Adobe checks it out as a feature request, if that's not currently the case.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't try that. Makes sense that the artboards aren't necessarily to be used as canvas's, but still an odd issue.

Adjusting them using the artboard tool seems to work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines