• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not export dataset because the replacement file was not found!

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been creating data driven graphics (id_cards) in Photoshop CS6.

I've successfully imported the data into  the respective layers from a .CSV file.

But the problem occurs when I try to export the datasets as separate psds.

Upon clicking the export button, a dialogue box poops-up with an error message "Could not export the data "data-set name" set because the replacement file was not found".

Does anybody know the way to get this resolved?

Plz help, thanks. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because the image file that is used in the dataset has been moved or is missing. If you iteratively click the "do not replace" option on all the var's your are working with your can track down which file is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG20191217081424.jpg

How to solve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the problem was that the filename of the image files to be processed contained an illegal character - the parentheses ( ) that Windows adds when you rename a long series of multiple files. i.e., (101).jpg. Removing the parentheses solved the problem for me, and it was easy to remove the parentheses using a bat file described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13933944/rename-multiple-files-without-parentheses-remove-parent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File is missing or something is wrong with data set, files should be in the same folder as template so you can type only file names in data sets. Otherwise entire path must be typed in the data set. Difficult to say what exactly is going on without seeing data sets and situation that you have.

Can you preview data sets from Image > Apply Data Set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo have to add \ before the name of the file if the file is in the same folder that the photoshop base file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo have to add \ before the name of the file if the file is in the same folder that the photoshop base file

By @Javier30810176qxqb

Interesting! Would a Mac need a forward slash or colon (as a back slash is for Windows)?

I have always used the full path.

I remember over the years that people have said that they could never get the relative option to work and Adobe don't mention the leading slash in their documentation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

EXAMPLE DATA SET

c:\My Documents\violet.jpg

Note:

You can use a relative path for the image location if the text file is in the same folder as the image file. For example, the last item in the example can be: true, VIOLET, violet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This statement is false for Windows. I have tested it on Photoshop 25.3.1.

The following dataset functions without any issues.

test pixel replacement variable.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines