Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inbrowserediting- review/merge problems

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

my client made a few corrections and text fixes with the inbrowserediting tool and when i enter muse and want to review and merge them, muse loads and loads and load with no end in sight.

is there any fix?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

IBE is now working again, following Adobe's advice by support ticket to uncheck allow IBE, 'sync' (which I couldn't as it is disabled if allow IBE is unchecked) and re-check then try. I am now seeing edits changed in IBE syncing back to Muse.

In relation to the 11% freeze, it is still happening, I will keep an eye on it and consider trying business catalyst to test but sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't! if it persists, I will start a new thread. Thanks to all responses and hope thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please make sure that you are logged into Business Catalyst account in Muse - go to "edit > preferences > publish with account".

After that, you can also try syncing the web version manually by going to "file > sync with web version"

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush,

thank you for your reply.

do i have to publish with Business catalyst? I uploaded my site on a third party server!?

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am having the same issues and have raised a support ticket which is still open. I publish to an FTP host and while my client can make changes using IBE, it never syncs back to the Muse file.

I have published the entire site again, and selected 'sync with web version' but am still getting the problem.

I will post any updates and solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio96   ,  Once you open your MUSE again, you get prompted to, if you want to merge changes or not. You get drawn attention to, that there are some changes since you uploaded the site.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks foto reader, my client and I have been using IBE for a while now and I am familiar with the process - even with the prompt to review / merge / cancel changes, Muse then says that this site was not created in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks foto reader, but the problem for me is afterwars. when I click on merge or review muse stays stuck in the loading process and doesn't finish even after hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ankushr40215001​, didn´t we have this original issue much much earlier? About IBE and loading times for Muse?

For both of you, I guess, especially for Studio96​ (this site wasn`t created in Muse (WHAT?) ), did your clients change anything else on their side of IBE. Do they have access to their ftp servers and changed something there?

Tom Pauly​ , so you already had been to this point from above? : Once you open your MUSE again, you get prompted to, if you want to merge changes or not. You get drawn attention to, that there are some changes since you uploaded the site.

It does not seem to be a problem with logging in to BC, right? You use an independent ftp-server, don´t you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an independant server. Uploading works fine! The only problem I have is merging/reviewing the changes my client made with inbrowserediting... when i click review or merge muse stays stuck in loading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is a server side problem? Permissions? But if one can upload via Muse, this shouldn´t create this kind of issue, should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I appreciate your input. It's the least of my worries with the current release though - currently most uploads freeze Muse at 11%, and the workaround I currently have is to save, quite Muse, load and try again, or even worse, restart the Mac completely.

Also, I am currently building a provisional site for a new client and I can't clear the background image at all. This release seems very unstable, I need to create some new posts for these issues when I have a moment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may sound naive, does it work, if you upload on yourdomain.businesscatalyst.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it works for my own site, but not for the clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Studio96​, do I get it right? You can upload your Studio96.businesscatalyst.com​ but not yourclient.businesscatalyst.com?

In this case, would you mind to provide this .muse? To be honest, all I would do is, to check the file if there´s something obvious (like too many or any 3rd party widgets), trying to upload is as you would do as well as you would do.

If you don´t want it too official, send a private message. If you do not trust me maybe ankushr40215001​ is openminded enough to check your file. As far as I see it with common sense, it could be a file error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not quite right - my client has external hosting so it is not a BC site. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO still the question referring to this:  Nope. I appreciate your input. It's the least of my worries with the current release though - currently most uploads freeze Muse at 11%, and the workaround I currently have is to save, quite Muse, load and try again, or even worse, restart the Mac completely.

Could you upload your clients site to businesscatalysdt.com via "publish" in the upper right corner?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-18 um 23.55.58.png

If you choose Business Catalyst.com instead of FTP (which is marked now), you can check, if there´s an issue with the file or with the server from your client (this could get solved by contacting them, right?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IBE is now working again, following Adobe's advice by support ticket to uncheck allow IBE, 'sync' (which I couldn't as it is disabled if allow IBE is unchecked) and re-check then try. I am now seeing edits changed in IBE syncing back to Muse.

In relation to the 11% freeze, it is still happening, I will keep an eye on it and consider trying business catalyst to test but sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't! if it persists, I will start a new thread. Thanks to all responses and hope this resolves itself for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saw your reply but then it was deleted! Here is my original thread with screenshots:

Re: In Browser Editing - says site is not created in Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was not deleted, I had to correct some spelling, maybe it was outdated for short time.

I see your issue in your original post. This part about: some html was been edited outside of muse – could this be?

This was in February this year – no solution till then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, no problem. No solution and the support ticket covered the steps earlier in this thread i mentioned but nothing yet. The client has not been editing the html, only the text in the front end of the site using IBE..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines