Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center-aligning bullets affected by text wrapping

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently discovered a problem with text wrapping bullet and numbered lists in InDesign.

I have a title, which is numbered and centered.

On the left, I have an image which has text-wrapping.

As soon as this text-wrapping affects the title, the number goes left, sticking to the image, while the rest of the title keeps acting properly as it is still centered.

I looked up a few threads and tutorials, but nothing seems to work on my problem since I want to center the full title.

Here is what it looks like, the title is fine, centered, but as soon as I add the image the number acts weird, sticking as left as it can :

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Camille

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold the Alt key (Option key) and drag the anchor point between the number and the headline text.

You'll have to make some "tuning". It's not real fun ...

ID_anchorpoint-between-number-and-headline.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fenja,

Thanks for your help.

I've just tried out your solution.

It does solve the problem of the number sticking to the image.

However the title is now back to being centered according only to its own text-block. As in your example.

We could think of creating paragraph and object styles to format the indents, but I reckon this formatting would have to change depending on the size of the title, as it has to be centered…

However, your solution would work well if the title was right-aligned or left-aligned, with use of paragraph styles and indents.

Camille

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines