• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 Images blurry on browsers, crisp everywhere else

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a big problem after years of using Photoshop without any issue: My crisp, pixel perfect images are showing blurry on browsers (tested on up-to-date Chrome and Firefox, caches cleared.)

Below is a side-by-side comparison of what I'm talking about. Viewed in browser is left, the same image file viewed on Windows Photo Preview is on the right. The example image's file size is very small at under 5KB even as a transparent PNG.

fMldWxf.png

Saving to Web, minimizing file size, and trying 72dpi - 300dpi all do not work. GIF, JPEG, and PNG files all appear blurry on my browsers, but crystal clear on Photoshop and everywhere else on my computer. Browser zoom is at the default 100%. Other browser images are fine and crisp, only my own Photoshop-saved images are blurred. The blurriness is exacerbated the smaller the file size is.

Can anyone help? I do a lot of work that relies on crisp edges, and trying to find a solution on my own has been driving me nuts for weeks! This problem suddenly happened without anything to prompt it. I am sure there is just a CS6 setting that is causing this, but I haven't been able to find it if it exists.

Please help and thank you very much for any suggestions! I wasn't sure how to reach Adobe Support so let me know if there is a separate support channel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

What is your Windows Version?

What are your display settings for text and apps? > The screenshot below is from a Win 10 PC.

windows-10-settings-display.png

And this is what I found out on my tablet, may be it's the same in your case:

In Chrome, Firefox and Opera your picture is blurry at 100% because it is in effect enlarged at 150%. So I have to set the zoom to 67% for a crisp look. (150% * 67/100 = 100%).

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge know this special feature and adjust the 150% view "in the backend" to 100% view and your pict

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please post a screenshot of the Save for web settings and we'll try reproducing at our end.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash!

I've attached screenshots of the Save for Web settings for GIF, JPEG, PNG-8, and PNG-24. I will add that Saving for web produces the same level of blur as saving regularly, (as opposed to a worse blur or clearer image.)

yXdNCNf.png

2W80Yh4.png

5gnM5gs.png

RCaoapS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows Version?

What are your display settings for text and apps? > The screenshot below is from a Win 10 PC.

windows-10-settings-display.png

And this is what I found out on my tablet, may be it's the same in your case:

In Chrome, Firefox and Opera your picture is blurry at 100% because it is in effect enlarged at 150%. So I have to set the zoom to 67% for a crisp look. (150% * 67/100 = 100%).

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge know this special feature and adjust the 150% view "in the backend" to 100% view and your picture is sharp.

Some programs scale, some don't.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Though I'm using Windows 7, your guess was right: I had my Windows Display Settings for text and apps set to 101%. Setting it back to 100% seems to have solved my browser issue and everything looks great!

Thank you so much!! Marking as solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines