• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor goes into sleep mode

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running InDesign CS6 with Windows 10. After a short time editing documents, the monitor either goes black or goes into sleep mode. I have a VGA monitor which has an HDMI adapter from the CPU. Once this starts happening, it is impossible to use InDesign again until I have rebooted the machine. I can then work for a few minutes before the problem starts again. I recently installed updates. - Any clues? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hardly related to InDesign.

Check your system settings:

sleep.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I hadn't considered it to be a sleep mode issue as it only happens in InDesign and flickers on and off while I am in the middle of working. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, CS6 is not officially supported under Windows 10. That said, it should work, most users report no problems.

However, you might (or might not) encounter some issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. It's been running for about 20 minutes without any problems. However, I just tried to change the zoom from 75% to 100% and it immediately shut the screen down. When I used the keyboard shortcut to zoom out again, the screen came back on. It's a very odd little issue - the rest of the time, it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if it happens while working (using KB, mouse, etc.), it is not system power settings related.

Haven't ever seen such a behavior. Didn't try CS6 on Win10, though.

Hopefully someone else chime in with more specific experience and ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines