Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this ... render MXF OP1a ????

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive just upgraded from CS6 where I exported all my project

Now I see that I cant do that from within CC 2017 ... BUT instead have to open the Media Encoder CC 2017

for doing that ..

ALSO my project took 2:06 min in CS6 to render out

the same project took 4:21 min in CC 2017

Holy my .. WHY why have this extra work when working with dealines in Broadcast

Regards

Flemmming Pauk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

There are several things on that list that are no longer supported in After Effects. H.264, Windows Media, FLV, and others.

More info here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/adobe-media-encoder-h-264-mpeg-2-wmv-after-effects.html

And here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/removal-flv-f4v-swf-export-adobe-media-encoder-after-effects-premiere-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flemmming,

I am sorry for the delayed response. Create a new project in AfterEffects CC 2017 version & import the AfterEffects CS6 project file into the new project & try to export.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

**Edited by Vidya Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Well ... We are talking about AFTER EFFECTS CC2017

and why it cant render MXF OP1a 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be a number of reasons why something would render differently speed-wise between the two versions. Some things render faster in the new version and some things will render faster in older versions. A lot of it depends on whether or not your composition and computer system can benefit from multiprocessing. Some of it will depend on differences between AE's render queue and the Adobe Media Encoder.

One thing to try, work on your project in CC 2017.1 and then save it as version 13 and open it in CC 2014. Try rendering it there and see how it behaves. (You can download all versions of AE from CS6 through the most current and install them alongside each other through your CC subscription. Details here.)

Another thing to try, render out of AE into something like a Cineform codec and then use AME to encode your deliverable.

See where there are any speed differences.

As someone who works on deadlines, you will probably appreciate how much easier it is to send an AE comp directly to the Adobe Media Encoder in the newer versions. You can finish your work, send it to AME, and then move on to the next project and keep working while it encodes in the background. Big time-saver compared to waiting for AE to render!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I know I can use AME to render MXF OP1a

BUT the issue is why cant I do it inside CC2017

This is the CS6

AEcc2017-mxf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several things on that list that are no longer supported in After Effects. H.264, Windows Media, FLV, and others.

More info here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/adobe-media-encoder-h-264-mpeg-2-wmv-after-effects.html

And here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/removal-flv-f4v-swf-export-adobe-media-encoder-after-eff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines