Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing values in spec window changes copy in doc

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I've asked this question before, but alas, I cannot remember the fix... and it's something very simple!

I have my spec windows for type, paragraphs, etc. open on my other monitor. I'm changing the "space after" value, but when I click and highlight that field, the value I'm entering, is changing the copy in my document.

Example: I want to change my 0.125" Space After to 0.25". The cursor in my document is in the copy where I want to apply the change. I highlight the value in the Space After box and type in .25, but the actual copy in my InDesign doc changes to .25.

As I said, I know this is a quick and easy fix, but for the life of me I can't remember what that is!

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

You need to install the latest update to InDesign CC 2017 to 2017.1. It arrived a couple weeks ago. Should solve that problem.

There was also a patch for those still using CC 2017, but I don't know where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install the latest update to InDesign CC 2017 to 2017.1. It arrived a couple weeks ago. Should solve that problem.

There was also a patch for those still using CC 2017, but I don't know where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just in case you don't want to bother with a patch (I won't guess why you shouldn't) there is an old workaround you're talking about:

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preferences -> Advanced Type -> Show Adornment on Text Selection/Text Frame for more Type controls  >>  uncheck these.

It's outdated now, since there's an official patch, as Steve mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Winterm.... that's the fix I remember from the last time this was going on. I'll have to get 2017.1, though, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winterm,

Only workaround number 2, is a valid one.

Workaround 1 does not work for panels.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it worth. If I recall correctly, some users reported it worked for them - just option 1. The most used option 2.

Anyway, it's an obsolete "fix" now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Either upgrade to CC 2017.1 or use the patch at Troubleshoot text selection issues

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines