• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign message conterfeit

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a document in InDesign CS6 crash, the pop up message said that I was missing a plug in.  I thought if I reinstalled it might fix the problem.  When I tried to reinstall from my cd I get a message that my software is conterfeit.  I purchased the Creative Suite 3 years ago and did not have any problem installing it or using it until today. I have the registration key and when I entered it it said it was accepted then the counterfeit message popped up. Can anyone enlighten me?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What plugin is claimed as missing?
  2. Is the document created from you?
  3. Are you sure that this document has not been created in a later version?
  4. What OS do you use? Is it compatible to CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't tell me what plug in is missing the exact message is "Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application." The document was created by me and I was using it when InDesign crashed, when I went to open it I got the messsage.  I am using OS 10.11.6.  I have been using it with my Adobe Creative suite for a couple years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the way you removed/uninstalled your InDesign wasn't the right way hence some InDesign components were left behind and conflicted with new installation.

I suggest that you uninstall your InDesign once again but this time use Adobe Cleaner Tool which should uproot the software and remove any remnant components.

CAUTION: Read Adobe instructions carefully, make sure you back-up before attempting to use Cleaner Tool, deactivate your Adobe applications in advance, and remember this tool will remove all Adobe applications not just InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the message before I reinstalled. I had to download the software from the adobe site and reinstall it this morning.  I am getting the same message when I try to open my document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "missing a plugin" message means it was created in a later version of InDesign, not the very old CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same software that I have had for 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines