Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow site loading in the browser

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a site for a client in Muse 2015.2., now switched to 2017.

It is already online. Unfortunately the loading time is up to 50 sec to 2 minutes or more. My client complaines!

And often the loading isn’t complete – some Images and songs in the audioplayer are compleatly loaded…

The browser loads ALL MP3 FILES AT ONCE by entering the site – but it only should load the song I click!

When I open the site on my brand new MacbookPro with Muse 2017 and upload everything again,

the loading took longer than before,

doesn’t matter if I upload  the Site to BC or to the 1+1 Server….

doesn’t matter if load the Side in Safari or Firefox…

doesn’t matter if I reduce the amount of breakpoints.

And the upload takes up to very long 10 minutes.

When I test upload the site leaving away/erasing  audioplayers with the mp3 (the biggest data) then

the loading takes about 5 seconds.

How is it possible, to show the mp3 on the site without such (way too long) loadingtime?

I’m using a MacbookPro 2,7 GhZ intel Core i7, 16 GB, Sierra 10.12.2

A friend of mine said that the code is too big. I’m not into coding (that’s why I’m using MUSE).

Can anyone please help me, to reduce the loading/or the loading order time?

Here’s the one-page-site:  beaterysopp.de

Best regards

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Hello folks!

Thanks Günter,

I think, your tip went into the right direction:

The AUDIO PLAYER I used loaded all MP3 at once when entering the site – it caused the immense delay! So for website to present multiple tracks I really can’t recommend this audio player by 123muse.com. Meanwhile the Company of this archaic audioplayer – now musegrid.com – told me, that it is out-of-date (I bought it in the end of 2015, 1,5 years ago)...

I tried out another Player (by musetemplates.com) – a playlist player,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Muse has no "out of the box" audio widget, I assume, you are using a 3rd party widget? Which one is it? Did you contact the vendor of this widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter,
the only widget I use is the normal audioplayer widget by 123musewidget.com now musegrid.com. I will contact them, but do you think it's the  reason for loading so slow?
I would prefer to use the Soundcloud-Player widget, but the client wants the mp3 to be downloadable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Do you use other 3rd party widgets?

• Did you try to delete your preloader widget for a test? Perhaps this widget is responsible for waiting, until all data are loaded.

I think, the images on your site don’t justify long loading times. They aren’t really big. So, only the mp3 files are left …

• In addition, I’d try to publish the site as a test site to Business catalyst without any sound files to see, what happens …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i deleted the preloader, but without succsess...
I will try again.

I also tried out several alternative Uploads, also on Business Catalyst, it is the same.... I agree with you – the mp3s are the problem – The site without the mp3 needs just about 4 sec for loading. So iI will go away from the on-pager, and give the samples an own site, but this is not a satisfying solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you perhaps try the new MuseThemes audio widget: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/audio-playlist-widget

Perhaps it loads its data more intelligently. (I assume, it does. Because the single tracks show a loading bar, when activated.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my side the loading time is about 2 to 5 seconds, then it is complete. Do I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter the same immens loading times as partrick says. (iMac, macOS 10.12.4., Safari, Chrome)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loading time for the Site before I can start to click menus? Or loading time for "Hörbeispiele"?

The first loading took  as said before. Now it took 10 seconds. I can listen immediatetely with no waiting. OS 10.10.5, MBP late 2011, Safari 10.1, Chrome  Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).

Altogether good performance. Very good performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to wait for at least 2 minutes until I see the images an can open the accordion to see the mp3 players.

(Do you sell your MBP?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never change a horse during the race . Since 2011 it got a new motherboard twice. Paid from Apple. I think I keep it. I wait for iMac another month or so. Until patrick from hamburg​ ´s site loads quickly on your machines as well.

I also keep 10.10.5. , I guess .

Firefox 52.0.2 (64-Bit) – 22 seconds. Not that bad.

What kind of machine does your client use, if I am allowed to ask patrick from hamburg​ ?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, check the picture:

waterfall.jpg

Your server needs 23.99 second to deliver 15.9 MB content where have 112 requests...

Also you haven't configured your server -for example to compress the content- and I believe you haven't configured the server to run properly. PageSpeed for a good server is around 0.7 sec (min) and 2.0 sec (max).

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are online anyway Preran, could you have a look at this?

Re: Very slow site loading in the browser

We have big difference in loading times.

DimitrisGR​ had a look for loading time on serverside and requests.

Also Günter Heißenbüttel​  had a look.

My machine is "old" and fast, theirs are new and slow?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new machine on a high speed network and it took me around 10 seconds to load the page in Chrome, and around 90 seconds on Edge.

The text loads just fine. It looks like the images and the widgets are taking time.

I would recommend looking at the size of the images, and also removing the widgets one by one to see if any of them is causing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys check with Google Chrome the Network Tab and look at 'Waterfall'...

Also check Google Webmaster Tools with PageSpeed...

No matters if you have an old or new machine. A page of 16MB and 112 Requests (that means server have to do 112 trips till render the page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DimitrisGR​, how can I take care of the number of requests? BTW like your profile pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Number of requests means how many objects of pics, video files, audio files, fonts, css, scripts etc have your page and the server must go find them into paths, load them and render your page. You can combine many of them in 1 file or you can delete them (its up to you to decide what you need ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DimitrisGR​, is this something to do in Muse? By keeping elements ordered in muse? In groups and layers and so on?

As of this reading it seems to be coding stuff, doesn´t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, try to use a minimum amount of elements in your page... With 112 elements it's impossible to have a quick server response. You can combine css files into 1 css file and inline it on your html page. You can do the same with javascript files. You can combine many pictures into 1 sprite. But I believe you don't know the way how to do it. So it's better to get rid many of your unnecessary elements (for example so many fonts, so many pics, video or audio files etc). After that you will have to configure your server to deliver compress content.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimitris, I don’t think, this is the main cause for the loading delay. I know Muse sites with much more load streams working well.

Your statement " You can combine css files into 1 css file and inline it on your html page." shows quite clearly, that you obviously aren’t working with Muse. Am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

90% of my works are in Muse... But I have 20 years exp with Dreamweaver and Coldfusion when products belongs to Macromedia. My first eshop was with Macromedia Flash and after that was with Macromedia Flex. But the last 6 years everything is under Muse with extended code via widgets. (Sorry for my weak English). Also I can not remember how many servers I have set-up, how many Google PageSpeeds I had complete etc... Check the picture where I 've post before and take a close view in 'Waterfall'. You will see the load time for every single element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello folks!

Thanks Günter,

I think, your tip went into the right direction:

The AUDIO PLAYER I used loaded all MP3 at once when entering the site – it caused the immense delay! So for website to present multiple tracks I really can’t recommend this audio player by 123muse.com. Meanwhile the Company of this archaic audioplayer – now musegrid.com – told me, that it is out-of-date (I bought it in the end of 2015, 1,5 years ago)...

I tried out another Player (by musetemplates.com) – a playlist player, I bought before, but didn’t were used because the amount of songs are limited to max. ten songs, and also it is not possible to show, more than one playlist on one single site. But now I choose this Playlistplayer and decided to go away from the one-pager, and separated the sites were samples are presented.

For now, I see no better possibility to follow my clients wishes. Now the refreshed site needs 1,5 sec to load instead of 60 sec (see attachments), and the client is happy!

Beate Rysopp – Sprecherin

Thank you all, for your helping thoughts, Ideas, input!

Patrick

by the way: During my research, I tested the „Toneden Player” from museforyou shop – I bought him last week, and the player is also out-of-date and doesn‘t work with newer versions of muse – this is what John Ramos from museforyou shop then confirmed. Would have been nice, to know this before bying this scrap...

Slow version with old audioplayer:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-21 um 10.54.06.png

New version with Audioplaylist:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-21 um 10.55.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines