• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wiped hours of work for no reason

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been working on a project for most of the day, while editing page 2-3 I scrolled down and realised that Indesign had randomly wiped pages 6-9 for no reason at all, and no matter what I try I can't find a save that is even remotely up to date. I've tried rebooting in order to get a recovery file but it didn't change anything

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 17.36.23.png

The pages tab shows nothing on either page, yet when zoomed further in it shows this, (the few black centre pixels) which looks like a tiny box of some kind.Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 17.37.22.png

When using CMD+Y it contains all the text from the article that was previously on the page, so I assume it's been somehow massively compressed rather than just outright deleted. I've tried resizing this box(?) but nothing happens.

When selected it's properties look like this

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 17.42.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 17.38.17.png

In addition to this, other pages have had some, but not all text and images removed from them for seemingly no real reason

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 17.36.07.png

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between what images were removed, what fonts were removed, or any pattern in areas of the pages that were affected.

If anyone has any insight/solutions into this it'd be greatly appreciated, this isn't what I needed a day before my deadlines

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Properties show 0 width and 0 height.

This one shows overset text plus more small boxes.

Your story editor does not show the same text as on this page.

Try these:

Turn on Hidden Characters and look for Column breaks and Frame breaks in the Layout and Story Editor.

Open the Layers panel and spin open the disclosure triangle to see what is on each page.

Go to View > Extras > Show text threads to see how the frames are linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines