• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Photoshop Elements 15 on an external hard drive

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install Photoshop Elements on an external drive so I can store all of my photos in one place and access that hard drive from other computers but when I am installing the program it only allows me to install on my C;/drive.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

normw48967920  wrote

I want to install Photoshop Elements on an external drive so I can store all of my photos in one place and access that hard drive from other computers but when I am installing the program it only allows me to install on my C;/drive.  Any suggestions?

Forget about sharing your license with other computers, The license is for a single user and limited to two different computers, typically a desktop and a laptop. The license is linked with the computers hardware, that can't be an external drive.

But if the software itself must be installed on the C: drive, you can store your pictures AND your catalog in an external drive. If other computers have the same Elements version installed and licensed, they can share both catalog and pictures folder tree by plugging the external drive alternatively.

To move the library and catalog to an external drive, create a full backup (preferably on another external drive) and restore it on 'custom' location in a new master folder on the destination external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines