• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a blurry be clearer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always think Photoshop should make a more powerful for this target.There are two method can slightly do it,such as

1. Use that filter of High Pass,than adjust that Layer Mode to be

Soft Light

2. Use the module of Sharpen in Camera raw

But this two method don't work in my this two pictures.

Pv1AU.jpg

WR6OA.jpg

I want to use it in my paper,but I hope to it be more clearer.Do any new technology can teach to me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to understand exactly what kind of sharpening you want here, because these images are very noisy. Any sharpening will mostly emphasize the noise, even at a high radius. This is ACR at radius 3 but detail at 0:

test_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think "Clearer" mean the outline is distincter, the noise is lesser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case perhaps sharpening isn't what you need at all.

Maybe just a Curves layer, with a standard s-curve, to increase contrast. The noise can be reduced a bit with the ACR filter:

(click for full size)

test_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,it is better than before..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is bringing out the shapes without the noise - have you considered a contrast adjustment rather than sharpening?

In the Camera Raw Filter I reduced the exposure - increased the contrast and clarity and applied a curve.

Finally I applied noise reduction to reduce the grain.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for good lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run a denoise filter on the Highpass layer, and also increase its contrast. I deliberately pushed the heck out of this to accentuate noise.  Click to expand the screen shots.

Original

Highpass 4.0 set to Hard Light (to accentuate noise) Some sharpening, but the noise is much more noticeable.

Highpass 4.0 set to Hard Light, and Topaz DeNoise same sharpen effect, but without the additional noise.

Same as the last screen shot, but with the clipped curves layer to increase contrast of the Highpass layer.  Still more sharpening, but without the noise.  Some halos apparent, plus CAs between the stag and much lighter background (I made no attempt to reduce CAs in ACR)

So you do have options with Highpass filters.  For instance you can use it in two stages, one with very high value (20) to improve local contrast, and the second at more usual low value (2) for high frequency sharpening of smaller detail.  You can chose between Soft Light, Overlay, Hard Light and Vivid Light for increasingly stronger effect (at the cost of noise), plus you can run denoise and increase contrast of the Highpass layer.  I used Topaz DeNoise, but the noise filter in Camera RAW is very good.  The clipped curves layer adds to the sharpening effect, and where halos become too apparent, you can paint them out of the layer mask.

I deliberately went over the top for the sake of demonstration, but more subtle applications work exactly the same.  In fact I'll add this trick for killing the CAs. Add a Hue/Saturation layer, and use the RGB drop-down and chose the errant colour range.  In this case it was mostly Red. Take the saturation all the way down, and reduce lightness to kill the resulting halo.  Invert the layer mask, and paint over the CA with white.  You can do this with more than one colour band (seeing as CAs tend to come with two colour components).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all guys, maybe I have overrate the Phtoshop.I think it can do anything in picture area before this.Actually I want to use this image in my future paper,such level picture(https://i.stack.imgur.com/CMxP1m.jpg ) in definition is expected actually.But all answer it seem far away from the target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines