• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head won't detach from body

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm news to Character animator and I'm having trouble with the puppets movements. Whenever I move the puppet/my head, the entire puppet moves. Here's a screenshot of my workspace.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 4.47.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 4.53.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tyler, thanks for jumping over here from Facebook - just a lot easier to work with screenshots and the whole community to benefit from seeing any potential solutions.

The issue seems to be two things:

1. Your Head is independent. Try turning that off (click the crown next to Head to hide it).

2. You'll need a little more organization: in your original PSD or AI file, put ALL the head stuff inside the Head group. Then also make a new "Body" group inside your main +Tyke folder and put all body stuff inside there.

Those two steps should fix it. Basically you always want your characters looking like:

+Character

Head

Body

And that should have them all move together as one piece. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I didn't separate the body from the head in the original image. Is there a way to take a flat image apart and label it correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the polygonal lasso tool to essentially cut the body out and re-paste it. A good spot might be where the chin meets the neck.

But for your setup, it looks like you do have most of the face as separate since it's floating away from everything - if that blank flat brown facial area gets completely covered by the other face art you have, you could just erase the overlapped part and move the remaining shirt/neck into the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did what you said, followed the template to the "T" and now the head and body all move together whenever I tilt my head. I detached (so I thought) the head from the body and got rid of that background layer of the face. But to no avail, my head doesn't move independently of the body.

Is there a way I could send you my file and you take a quick look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - you can share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the solution? I'm having the same issue---I had it working fine before the April update and now the body and head are moving together as if it's a ghost character or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Tyler ever sent me the puppet. But likewise, you can share your puppet with me too to take a closer look if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s the puppet. I tried setting him up in Illustrator again, but it’s still doing it. Making the head independent from the body works, but then it floats off of the body. Couldn’t figure out how to reply to you directly on the forum...

Thanks!

Jonathan

www.superfunkfantasy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not seeing a link unfortunately. Just hit reply below this message to do a public message, or if you click my name above you should see an option to message me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines