• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to find a way to place trackable links on ads we place on our website.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to find a way to provide trackable links for our advertisers.

The ads are images and I would like our advertiser to be able to view the the analytic data, i.e.; views, hits, click thru's if possible themselves or if we send them the data via .csv file. If anyone out there has any ideas, products you currently use for analytic data other than the standard Google analytic stuff or if Google has the potential to do this and I just don't know about it, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Isn't this a fun and friendly place?!

I know you said "not Google or other than Google" ...there are many tracking spots out there for doing this. But like Pavel said, I think he is correct, Google would work just fine...we use it to track links for Fortune 500 companies...and no...they don't all use sophisticated coded websites...many use small intranet sites and testing rites for marketing and usuabilty testing to focus group users....

looks like you are on the right track for your client...thu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe software are you using? Should this be moved by a moderator to the Business Catalyst forum, the Dreamweaver forum, Muse forum, or somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what program I'm using.  It's Muse but the point is moot. I'm just asking a General question about tracking/analytic software and if anyone has any recommendations whether they be from Adobe, Google or elsewhere + the answers in the Muse forum regarding adding adsense were out of date so instead of getting a wrong answer I'd try here but If I offended you all and this is just a group chat then, my apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business Catalyst would be to expensive to upload to.  We have our own 160Gb server that we upload to and have since 1999.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a matter of muse and any other Adobe software. Request in google "Affiliate tracking"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a fun and friendly place?!

I know you said "not Google or other than Google" ...there are many tracking spots out there for doing this. But like Pavel said, I think he is correct, Google would work just fine...we use it to track links for Fortune 500 companies...and no...they don't all use sophisticated coded websites...many use small intranet sites and testing rites for marketing and usuabilty testing to focus group users....

looks like you are on the right track for your client...thumbs up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you misunderstood me. I talked about  -  to add a search query in Google and find software, for example, such as prosper202 and others TDS sistems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha Ha! no comment!

Thanks for responding. Are you using Tag manager for tracking individual ads or am I assuming incorrectly it can be used for that?  I have our publisher id installed for our Adsense ads, and am tracking our pages with Googles tracking code but I need to track our image based ads I place on our site specifically for our clients so they can get a better idea how their ads are doing, i.e.: views, click-thrus, and I'll admit I need to brush up on what Google can do specifically in this regard and was/am looking for a bit of guidance in the right direction when it comes to finding the right tutorials on the matter instead of my current hit and miss approach.

Thanks! Our clients pay our bills so I'm doing what I can for them and at a half a million page views a month it matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Dreamweaver or Muse or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what program I'm using.  It's Muse but the point is moot. I'm just asking a General question about tracking/analytic software and if anyone has any recommendations whether they be from Adobe, Google or elsewhere + the answers in the Muse forum regarding adding adsense were out of date so instead of getting a wrong answer I'd try here but If I offended you all and this is just a group chat then, my apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not offended, but also not the right place to ask

When you go to an auto dealer you don't ask the person in the customer lounge who is filling the coffee pot which part to buy for your vehicle... you go to the parts counter

Same here... you need to ask in the forum for the program you use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I understood Pavel...lots of systems out there girl doing cool tracking...hot jar does some realtime screen tracking too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Starfish (sorry for all the auto spell errors on my iPad)

tag manager is okay...are you going retargeting? Do you use an Enterprise Account?

Google provides some good videos and help on some of their new "beta tools" too.

We used to fo this level of work ourselves but now we oversee it at larger companies...it's still all done basically the same way...an "ID" is assigned to a specific element, link, etc. CTA's, goals can be set.

if I get a chance I'll see if I can get some info for you if you gave trouble finding it. We used Muse successfully on a rather large account. We were able to track what we needed. Our focus is marketing that dictates design, usuabilty, etc. so might be we are a "rare bird" here...if you look around you will see websites are actually getting simple...it's one touch point in the grand scheme of things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I haven't had time with the redesign launch of the Muse site/magazine and the constant updates 5 days a week and a second magazine redesign coming and then a third to dig into the Tag Manager yet and yes I'm overworked and underpaid. Lol!

To be honest I don't know the level of our account status as I inherited it via the company I do work for but probably Enterprise?  I'll dig in this weekend after I've published this weeks updates

I'm not sure how simple I made our main site but I'm sure it could be much simpler and I'm sure some of the older readers are perplexed but all in all so far a positive launch and response particularly for our mobile readers.

I'm having trouble getting the ads from adsense to show on mobile devices for some reason.  More reading to be done when I have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines