Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting text does not come in chosen layer

Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are creating a catalog that will have different text but same images. We have placed images on image layer and are alternating hide/unhide between text based on language that is required by the client.

We have made 4 text layers one for each client(and one separate image layer same for all clients). We will hide all layers except one for each our client.

The problem arises, when i copy text from one layer to other and then the text remains in the same layer as original. I copy text frame choose a different client layer and on pasting it remains on the same layer.

I tried with my Macbook and all worked fine. With my current computer, i am unable to work properly. I am not willing to clean preferences since this computer is shared by all.

Can anyone tell what am i missing? I am pretty new in Indesign and could not find the setting to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Hi,

Based on your problem mentioned here

i copy text from one layer to other and then the text remains in the same layer as original. I copy text frame choose a different client layer and on pasting it remains on the same layer.

It seems when you copy the text frame from layer Client 1 and choose layer Client 2 from layers panel, then on pasting the text frame you see it added(and part of) layer Client 1? Do let me know if i was wrong...

As a starting step, can you check if the following option out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Based on your problem mentioned here

i copy text from one layer to other and then the text remains in the same layer as original. I copy text frame choose a different client layer and on pasting it remains on the same layer.

It seems when you copy the text frame from layer Client 1 and choose layer Client 2 from layers panel, then on pasting the text frame you see it added(and part of) layer Client 1? Do let me know if i was wrong...

As a starting step, can you check if the following option outlined in red, is selected before you do the paste operation as I have described above?

If yes, can you uncheck and repeat your pasting operation?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the problem. Pasting in chosen layer can be done now as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines