• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to work with large resolution at smaller screen

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have some mindblowing problem with my resolution when im making a web design in photoshop.

I have 25" monitor with resolution 2560x1440, so websites looks really small to me and i have to upscale them in browser, to make them look confortable as it would be eg. at 24" 1920x1080. But when im in photoshop i have to draw web design in this extreme small dimensions and it is impossible to work at that tiny scale. So then when i drow something which scale seems to me natural (not tiny). When i send it someone who have normal scale resolution eg. 24" 1920x1080 he will see it much oversized. and i dont know how to deal with this problem. did you understood what i mean? do you have some ideas about it? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size your image display on displays depends in the display being use DPI resolution.   Display's do not play the Images resolution game.  Image pixels are display using the Displays DPI not the Images DPI.  Printers will paint the image using the correct size pixels. Image resolution DPI is pixels size. Changing the Pixel size changes the image size without changing a single pixel.  Photoshop's Image size with resample not checked all that changes the resolution the pixel size.

Display are run at their native pixel resolution they are manufactured with a single fix size pixels size.  Ink Jet printers do not have pixels.  They paint in pixels on your paper using many smaller than pixel size droplets of ink to form larger printed pixel on the paper. Printers resolution settings is a wuality setting.

I think the is what Art-boards are for.  I do not develop for the web. To me It looks like Adobe is addressing the problem at the device level not so much at the DPI resolution. You create version for different devices.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer but your reply seems to be complex and hard to understand for basic english speaker like i am and I just didnt understood the text in full range. So there is no possibility how to deal with it, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In simple English then you image will display at various sizes.  The user Display resolution (DPI) is the the final factor.

(Number of Pixel in width Width)/Display DPI = Inches wide

(Number of Pixel in Height)/Display DPi = Inches high

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change  your settings in your OS driver to 1920x1080 so others will see the image at the same scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 1920x1080 also 2048x1152 are blurry and i need work at pixcel perfect base 😕 for now i borrow a 24"

but what about some solutions in 2017, when there is still dumb problem with UI scaling. What about document scaling... must be way how to software recalculate ppi and show it in photoshop (only while work). ez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you have to consider is that if you want pixel-perfect, you have only two options: Either one image pixel is represented by exactly one screen pixel - or one image pixel is represented by exactly four screen pixels. Your options are View > 100%, or View > 200%.

Anything in between will involve resampling / scaling and considerable softening.

That display size and resolution (2560 x 1440 at 25 inch) is really non-standard and awkward. You're falling into a 5% category in terms of on-screen reproduction size. "Everybody" else will have either higher or lower pixel density.

I suggest you experiment with viewing distance, trying both 100% and 200%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines