• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My new Mac Pro doesn't recognize aftereffects GPU

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot render in after effects CC 17 and I can't preview. So I went to GPU and saw that Cuda was greyed out.  I am rendering in classic 3-D.

The grayed out area said I needed to update the driver to more than five and I upgraded to the latest driver 8.

Now I don't see anything in the grayed out area and I have a cuda 8 pop-up screen which says I have no GPU available.

So is my D 500 graphics card compatible with the latest aftereffects?

How do I get a preview happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Downloading is ok, installing is not. If CUDA shows up in your System Preferences then you have to jump through some hoops to uninstall. I don't have time to look up the procedure for you but there are several threads in this forum with links to the procedure.

If you have CC 2017 then just open the advanced tab in Composition presets or click on the Classic label in the comp panel and it will take you there. If you are running an earlier version of AE you'll have to upgrade to use the C4D renderi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention it is the latest Mac pro, eight core.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have an NVIDIA card so you cannot use CUDA. Do Not Install CUDA drivers.

CUDA acceleration was only applied to Ray-traced rendering. This is no longer being developed and it never worked well. Don't worry about it. If you have CC 2017 then you can use the C4D Rendering option. It works a lot better and no additional drivers or monkey business is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. Too late I have already downloaded the drivers. Ouch!! So how do I get rid of the drivers and will they alter anything.

It was very confusing.  Where is the C4D rendering option?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloading is ok, installing is not. If CUDA shows up in your System Preferences then you have to jump through some hoops to uninstall. I don't have time to look up the procedure for you but there are several threads in this forum with links to the procedure.

If you have CC 2017 then just open the advanced tab in Composition presets or click on the Classic label in the comp panel and it will take you there. If you are running an earlier version of AE you'll have to upgrade to use the C4D rendering engine. ONLY use the other rendering options if you can't achieve the effects you want to achieve in any other way. You loose things like blend modes, effects and a bunch of other functionality when you use the advanced rendering options. Make sure you read the warnings

Edit: found the uninstall instructions: Installation Guide Mac OS X :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines