Exit

Camera Raw 9.10

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When trying to export from Lightroom to Photoshop I get a warning:

'This version of lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 9.10 for full compatibility'

Please update the camera raw plug-in using the update tool available in the photoshop help menu.

Both lightroom and photoshop are up to date

Can anyone help?

Regards Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

This is a confirmed bug. You can safely select to not show again and continue, everything will work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a confirmed bug. You can safely select to not show again and continue, everything will work perfectly.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this confirmed bug, in the process of being being put right do we know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe is just going to let it ride.

Of course it will be fixed in an upcoming update. Actually, everything will work normally. It's just the logic the verifies whether or not Lightroom and Camera Raw are up to date. If you check the box to don't show again and then choose to open anyway everything will work just fine. The next update should take care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open Anyway" doesn't work.  Photoshop starts but the file never opens there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open Anyway" doesn't work.  Photoshop starts but the file never opens there

I think this is a different problem to the theme of this thread.

Are you using a Mac?

See the help page at- Edit In command doesn't open your image in Photoshop | Mac OS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eliom62167445  schrieb

same problem!!

Of course ... like everybody

Temporary solution has been posted already.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary solution??? Please share. This drives me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share

Read Post#4 above by Jim Hess-

check the box to don't show again and then choose to [open anyway]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anything to check... just the dialog, open anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael-

Can you make a screen-clip of the error message that you are seeing and 'Inset Image' into a post?

Are you not seeing this dialog?

ScreenShot222.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, figured it out. Had to "reset the Warning Dialogs"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done-  answered your own question..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the box, "Don't show again", click the button, "Open anyway", use as normal, wait for the next update when this will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, but when I try to export multiple images, in my case, as layers to PS there is no option to disable the warning. Of course, I could always just open them all individually and then dupe them as layers into a single image but that defeats the purpose, hehe. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click the Open Anyway button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

musziQ  wrote

I'm also having the same problem, but when I try to export multiple images, in my case, as layers to PS there is no option to disable the warning. Of course, I could always just open them all individually and then dupe them as layers into a single image but that defeats the purpose, hehe. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Capture.PNG

Yes, these sorts of "little" problems always create big inconveniences. Hopefully, there will be an update soon. I wish there was a good Band-Aid to resolve the issue for you. But I am not aware of one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that. that wasn't the point of my post. The point was, that the issue still exist and that there are circumstances in which it won't work. All of which i mentioned in my post. Please don't be rude. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am *COMPLETELY* fed up with this bug.  Every damn time I try to edit multiple images this POS message pops up slowing down my work flow.  FIX IT ALREADY.  THERE IS NO "disable-the-warning" option.

FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT!  FIX IT! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, the bugs are fixed when Adobe releases the next update or upgrade, and we don't know when that will be. They almost never put out a simple bug fix the way you want.

By the way, you are not talking to Adobe in this forum, so imploring Adobe to "Fix It" in this forum has no impact whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe-rs do monitor this and I've made contact through it. Not often, tho.

Pushing through an ad-hoc fix patched into the last release is a nuisance

and would likely cost thousands of dollars. They should spend it. It costs me

several minutes per day times however many others lose those same few

minutes, plus it just looks sloppy.  Yes, I've made mistakes. I also fix 'em

as soon as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, is it really that difficult to check the box to not show again and then click the button to open anyway? Then things won't function the way they should until the next update. A couple of clicks and the problem goes away. It was a mistake, and a little sloppy. But it's easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHessIn the meantime, is it really that difficult to check the box to not show again and then

It is extremely difficult to check the box and an endless, repetitive nuisance to click the button.

I tend to tell Lightroom to fire up Ps with a collection of photos and then go do other things while Ps thinks about waking up and loading the images. Except Lr hasn't told Ps to do that because "OMG there's this version discrepancy" So I click the "go ahead anyway" button and wander off while it really starts up. It is a double wait. Oh, and clicking the "don't bother me again" check box is extremely difficult because there is no such checkbox on the Mac with my version of Lr.

Anyway, yes, I will live through this, but fixing sooner is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines