• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Metadata

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change my photos time back an hour because i forgot to change the time on my camera with daylight savings. I followed all the tutorials and saved the files metadata and now it appears to have changed the time the photos were created to the time i saved the metadata. Is there a reason why or can someone help me see what i am doing wrong. Please be fast about this as i am only on a trial period and need to do this in the next couple of days. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

The first screen shot looks like it's from the Get Info window in the Mac Finder. Get Info will always report the file creation and modification date, not the EXIF Capture Time and Capture Date The Mac doesn't show the Capture Time/Date anywhere except inside photo applications.

If you want to change the File Creation or File Modification date to match the EXIF Capture Time, you have to use additional software like A Better Finder Attributes, which can, among other things, "synchronize the file c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mg,

Please refer the below tutorial for changing the capture time for the image.

Change An Image’s Capture Time In Adobe Lightroom | Lightroom Fanatic

Metadata basics and actions in Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are the original tutorials i used, and i tried them again but its still not changing anything.

This is what the file time is now saying after trying the tutorials again:

Screenshot 2017-04-19 21.47.48.png

And this is what it was after i took the time back an hour for daylight savings and moved the file to the correct time of it being taken:
Screenshot 2017-04-19 21.47.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where that first screen shot is coming from but if it is something in Finder, the Mac OS X File Manager, it is displaying the FILE On Disk Creation Date not the Capture Time of the image that is recorded by the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how would i do something about this? is there a setting or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first screen shot looks like it's from the Get Info window in the Mac Finder. Get Info will always report the file creation and modification date, not the EXIF Capture Time and Capture Date The Mac doesn't show the Capture Time/Date anywhere except inside photo applications.

If you want to change the File Creation or File Modification date to match the EXIF Capture Time, you have to use additional software like A Better Finder Attributes, which can, among other things, "synchronize the file creation and modification dates with the shooting dates of JPEG EXIF as well as a wide variety of RAW formats."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines