• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF - make objects appear on spacebar click?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm making a slide show presentation in InDesign.

Simply I have a page with many dot points, and want each single one to appear on click as I'm talking.

Is there a way to make objects appear on click in an Interactive PDF when set up in InDesign?

I can't figure out what best button action to use?

I was instead going to put each new dot point on a new page - but it seems excessive.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

You can use show/hide buttons and forms command or you can prepare your presentation on different pages

in first option - first change all your dots into buton and hide tchem until trigger. You have to prepare some buttons to trigger actions

Then add show/hide command attached to firs buton on screen to show first dosts and anotfer buton to click

Second options is easier. Just copy your page some Times and remove dots from previous. Then add go to next page behawior and thats all

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use show/hide buttons and forms command or you can prepare your presentation on different pages

in first option - first change all your dots into buton and hide tchem until trigger. You have to prepare some buttons to trigger actions

Then add show/hide command attached to firs buton on screen to show first dosts and anotfer buton to click

Second options is easier. Just copy your page some Times and remove dots from previous. Then add go to next page behawior and thats all

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easier way, yet, would be to use the right tool. Powerpoint or Keynote would be far superior to InDesign for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 to BobLevine statement... I wouldn't bother making life more difficult for yourself here.

Use the right tool for the Job.

This is like trying to use the flat edge of a toothbrush when you need a screwdriver... You may get it to work but its gonna be messy!

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a feature of interactive PDF, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines