• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem while converting word doc with digital signature into PDF format

Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working with word file where I have used digital signature. Now I want to convert this word file having digital signature into PDF format and that's where I am facing issues like information from footer is missing in PDF file after conversion.

Step1: See below word file screen shot

TestWord.JPG

Step2: Converted this file into PDF before signing digital signature: it is converting perfectly

TestPDF.JPG

Step3: Word file after signing digital signature: word file is still ok after signing digital signature

Test1Word.JPG

Step4: After converting above word file(digitally signed) into PDF file some infomation from footer like Main address, office address, Telephone, Telefax is missing. I am pulling this information from registry(Custom document properties). Not sure what's happening here. Can sombody help to resolve this issue. I would really appreciate the help.

Test2PDF.JPG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about digital signatures in Word, or how they would convert to PDF, but I can give you some advice about how I approach problems with content missing or being altered when converting to PDF.

How do you convert to PDF? If you are not using Adobe's technology (e.g. printing to the "Adobe PDF" printer, or using the "Acrobat" item on the Word ribbon), but instead using the "Save As>PDF" or another method in Word that uses Word's own PDF converter, you need to complain to Microsoft. If you are using Adobe's PDF technology, then keep on reading.

Print the Word file to a "real" printer so that you have paper output. Does the document on paper look like the document in Word, or does it look like the document you receive when converting to PDF? If it's the same as what you see in PDF, then the problem is with Word, and you will have to take this up with Microsoft.

If the first test points to a problem with the PDF conversion, then try to use the other method that Acrobat provides, so if you are using the PDFMaker (Acrobat item on Word's ribbon), then try to print to the "Adobe PDF" printer and vice versa. Does this make a difference?

Headers and footers are oftentimes a problem when converting to PDF, and I've seen many instances where recreating the header or footer resolved the problem. If none of the other methods work for you, I would give that a try. If this is still not working, then it's time to report the problem as a bug to Adobe: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your response,

I guess you are correct the issue is with word, I am using "SaveAs>PDF" method that uses word's own converter.

regarding your second point, I don't see Adobe PDF or Acrobat option on word's ribbon while converting it to PDF, Do I need to addin or ? so that I can try with that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The add-in comes from Acrobat (paid for) not Reader. Maybe that's it.

One other point you don't mention that might be relevant.  A Word document can have a digital signature and so can a PDF. But you won't be able to convert one to the other. You will just have a stamp on the page, with no legal status. If you should need a signed PDF you need to convert, then sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

I tried to convert document with Acrobat item option available on word's ribbon but information is still missing from footer after conversion.

I thought it might be word's issue but facing similar issue when tried Acrobat converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because you are getting the same results when you use Word's own converter, this is a Word problem: Adobe's software can only convert information that Word is providing to it. From what you describe, it looks like Word is not sending all the information, not even to it's own PDF generator. There is nothing that we - or Adobe - can do to fix this. You need to take this up with Microsoft to figure out what you can do to get the correct output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines