• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line appearing on exported videos.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I'm creating an animated interactive floor for my final year project. To do this, I need to export 6 separate "tiles". When I export my top middle tile however, a black line appears underneath it, which can be seen in the screenshot provided (that black line in the middle of my circle). I can't figure out why or how this is happening so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much!!

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 16.30.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

This looks like edge aliasing to me caused by the edges not being perfectly aligned with the pixel grid. The EZ fix is to overlap the edges by a pixel or two instead of making the cutouts exact. You'll have to increase the magnification factor of the comp panel to 800 or 1600% to see the edges.

Without seeing your comp and complete workflow details it's hard to say how you created the images but that's the easiest way to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd begin by double-checking the problem layer.  Make a comp-sized red solid and put the layer on top of it.  If there's a black line it will stick out and you can proceed accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 17.29.45.png

It's still there! Not sure what steps to take now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your tiles carefully on a contrasty background, maybe the line is at the edge of one of them?

not exactly sure how your setup is built, share some more information about it and show some screenshots of your full Ae interface. when does it start to appear, how did you cut these tiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like edge aliasing to me caused by the edges not being perfectly aligned with the pixel grid. The EZ fix is to overlap the edges by a pixel or two instead of making the cutouts exact. You'll have to increase the magnification factor of the comp panel to 800 or 1600% to see the edges.

Without seeing your comp and complete workflow details it's hard to say how you created the images but that's the easiest way to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines