• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I think I found another bug re: printing a placed PDF file

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a PDF file that somebody sent me. The PDF was generated from Word. Not sure if it matters, but when I place it I get an error saying The following fonts aren't currently available: TimesNewRomanPS-BoldItalicMT

Yeah, fine. I hit the OK button.

Place the file and go to print it. When I go to print it I get another error. "Missing Fonts" and it proceeds to tell me the following fonts aren't currently available and lists 3 fonts. TimesNewRomanPS-Bolditalic, TimesNewRomanPSMT and TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT

Yeah, fine. I hit ok. This has never stopped me before.

The PDF will print to our Canon 7095 b/w copier. But when I change the printer to our Canon 7200 color machine, the file stalls and will not print. I just get the spinning beach ball forever and a partially completed print progress window. I have to force quite InDesign. The only way I can get this to print without killing InDesign is to export as a PDF and print it to that machine from Acrobat.

I was able to send it through once to the 7200 without InDesign locking up, but I was just trying to send it without messing with any of the print settings. Once I went in and told ID to send it in Composite Grey and set the Send Data to All and tried to print again, it locked up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very simple: the fonts were not included in this PDF (and colors probably are RGB by the way). That is what you get not using a PDF X standard. On some printer maybe a rasterized output is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I get all that. I've been dealing with customers Word files forever. My issue is that with the newest version of ID I've ran into this problem twice now. I figured it was just something with the last one but with this one doing the same thing, it seems to be an issue. I've had ID throw errors about fonts not being included forever, which is fine, but as long as it outputs ok, then it's not a problem for me. It's always printed even when it threw those errors about a placed PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I misread, sorry (to quick to react..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines