• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Changing Font Color in Acrobat Pro XI (PeeCee)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described in a related "PDF Page Size" message thread, I am needing to change the font color of all - or a specified range of - pages within a 200-page PDF file, from dark grey to black.  As stated in that separate thread:

In experimenting with changing the font color in a fully-justified three-column text document, in Acrobat Pro XI, I am having disappointing results.  The 9-point Times New Roman text is already solid black, but when I select an entire column of text and then re-select the black color swatch, the text *slightly* changes size and completely re-flows itself - which not only leaves "orphan" en-dashes between syllables of hyphenated words, but also causes the document to lose its exactness of layout compared to the original.

It is difficult to me to characterize this behavior as anything but a program bug, but regardless of how one chooses to categorize it, I would hope that it has been fixed in Acrobat Pro DC.  Does the latter program still exhibit this behavior?

In any case, even if one is willing to accept the undesired font re-sizing, does Acrobat Pro XI have the ability to change the font color of *all* pages within a given document, in one pass, or does the procedure have to be applied one page at a time?

What about Acrobat DC?

Thanks!  markt

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Offline, I sent an example file to a most helpful forum participant.  They confirm that Acrobat Pro DC exhibits precisely the same behavior that I describe above.

I will thus flag this as a correct answer, if and when the opportunity presents itself, but I strongly advocate that Adobe fix this behavior - which I consider to be a bug.

Thanks!  Markt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Offline, I sent an example file to a most helpful forum participant.  They confirm that Acrobat Pro DC exhibits precisely the same behavior that I describe above.

I will thus flag this as a correct answer, if and when the opportunity presents itself, but I strongly advocate that Adobe fix this behavior - which I consider to be a bug.

Thanks!  Markt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines