• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate and Character Animator formats?

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Character Animator and I have developed several characters which I output to video. I would love it if I could easily use my animations in Adobe Captivate. I have been through the Captivate discussion of "transparent videos in Captivate" and I couldn't find a really good answer. People talked about flv format and oam formats and none of these would really be adequate to bring in a fully functional talking transparent Character Animator character over the top of a Captivate educational interactive presentation. I know I could bring in short animated gifs or png sequences, but I need to bring in characters with a couple of paragraphs of synched audio. And... it would be great if navigation buttons in Captivate – play and pause – would work with the animations. And for what it is worth – we output our Captivate training to HTML5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great suggestion, and yes, I've heard this one before too. Feel free to add it to our feature wish list at adobe.com/go/ch_wish, I didn't see it on there yet.

For now I think exported video - unfortunately without transparency - is your best bet to get CH content into Captivate. And/or doing the composition of the character in front of the presentation in Premiere or After Effects instead, and then only adding interactive elements in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines