• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an issue when I print, it is printing stuff from an earlier time when I saved the document. It's not printing the updated information.

Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I choose a document, update it and then save it, then go back and print it, it will print what was there before I saved it.  Anyone seen this before? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? You've posted in the non-support, non-software specific Adobe Lounge. Let us know what you're using and a moderator can move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to an Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you updating the file, exactly? Are you saving it after you update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating it and then saving it the normal way of File and then save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use File=>Save As instead of File=>Save?

Are you claiming that after you reopen the PDF file in Acrobat, it looks correct on the screen, but prints differently, i.e. using contents from prior to it being previously saved?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to looking correct on screen but printing differently?

And what happens if you use the File Save As as opposed to Save as I asked?

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It saves what she works in, but yet when she prints, it prints the older information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tool do you use for the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What update are you referring to?  I am her IT person using her account, Tim,  and trying to figure out why it is doing this.  She has Adobe Acrobat X.   This is a brand new computer with a brand new installation of Adobe about a month and a half ago.  Wondering if we just need to uninstall and reinstall it at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first posting you talk about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't going to help one iota.

Exactly what type of changes in the PDF file are being made in Acrobat before the PDF file is being saved? What tools in Acrobat are being used?

We ask for this information because, quite honestly, we've never heard of any such symptoms from any other users using standard tools in Acrobat. Unless we understand the sequence of events leading up to the unusual symptoms you describe (and we do believe you are experiencing them), we can't investigate and provide a solution or workaround.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You (still) didn't provide the most crucial piece of information so far, despite repeated requests, but I'll venture to make a guess as to what's happening.

My guess is that the "editing" was done using the commenting tools, and when the file is being printed you didn't select to print the comments with is. To fix that you would need to change the "Comments & Forms" drop-down in the Print dialog from "Document" to "Document & Markups".

Again, this is just a guess, but it's the only one that I can think of to explain what you've described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific than that. There are a lot of ways of "updating" a PDF file... What exact tool are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines