• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instant freeze and crash on start up

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am running on windows 10 with gtx 980 graphic card. Something weird has happened. I updated many of my drivers including chipset and diplay drivers.

When I try to open any adobe product that is related to my graphic card they started crashing or giving error messages about "opengl".

When I disable my graphic card from device manager, everything works perfectly. I enabled my graphic card when after effects was open and it crashed again.

Then I updated to the new CC updates but nothing has changed.

Is there a way to fix it without reinstalling everything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you updated to the new versions, do you mean the ones that just released today? I mean, is After Effects version 14.2?

Also, what driver are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I updated today after it stopped working, but as I said it didnt help. I use Nvidia game ready driver 381.65 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try rolling back to an older driver. NVIDIA's been having some driver weirdness lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to tell the same thing. I rolled back to previous version with a clean uninstall, now it started working. But the weird thing is that I have updated many days ago but it stopped working today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there kendiÅŸah,

Did you ever get going again with your project? Let us know how it's going.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines