Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Spelling finished

Guide ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a script that activates the Dynamic Spelling so misspelled words are highlighted / wiggly under line. It can take some time for InDesign to complete this drawing on all pages. Is there a way to detect when this drawing is complete?

I had a look at backgroundTask, but it is not listed there.

P.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if you hide the document's window the script runs faster.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might an idleEvent fit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.

I check the idleTasks too.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A bit more information. We have a plugin that draws the wiggly lines on the PDF. The script simply activates the Dynamic Spelling and then exports to PDF. Once the PDF has been created we restore the Spelling preferences. The plugin relies on the Dynamic Spelling cache to do the drawing. The PDF creating is some times triggered before the Dynamic Spelling has completed.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P

I am wondering how the lines are draw.

Are all the words spell checked and then all the lines drawn or after each word is checked it's line is draw?

If it's the latter maybe you could use  a suitably timed idle task to compare the list of spell errors from some form of kspell lists (If they exist).

If the length of the lists stay same then it might well be done.

The timing would have to be proportionate to the document length. It's not going to be 100% safe but it's a start.

HTH

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Thanks. I think I will have to fix the plugin to calculate, or force the calculation of the cache.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines