Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Text/Signature Blocks

Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with adding fillable text and signature blocks in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  I can add a single signature, but once it's signed it can't be modified so nobody else can add any text.  I want to be able to add multiple fillable text blocks for names and signature blocks for signatures.  I could do it with no problem on the old Acrobat, but can't figure this one out.  Does anybody know?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a digital certificate signature is applied, one can specify which fields a locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I can't get to that point though.  I can't get it to allow me to create a fillable text or signature block so someone I send the form to can just type in their name and add their signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's stopping you from getting to that point? Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the "fill and sign" option to create a signature for myself.  However, if somebody else has already signed it (for example using an older version of adobe), then i'm not able to digitally sign it.  In the previous version, I could go to the fill and sign option and drag a box that placed my digital signature on the form without having to edit it (since you cannot edit a signed form).  That's one problem.

The other is that I can't figure out how to create a fillable signature or text block for someone else to fill in.  I can create a text block and type immediately...then save the form.  But I don't know how to just create one that someone else can type in.  Same with signature blocks.  I can't figure out how to create one that someone can just click and leave their digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines