• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Exposure becaue of exposure Issue?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is my fist time submitting the photo to adobe and it was rejected because of the exposure issues. Any feed back would be appreciated for the future reference!IMG_20170316_094543.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely under-exposed. You might check to see if your monitor is set too bright.

Anyway, as recommended by jeffreya51679612, you could set a white point in curves, and a black point, build up the contrast and send it back in.

Alternatively, a simple exposure change in camera RAW might do it.

Always check that histogram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestion, I will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam - great point about RAW - I do almost all my exposure post work in the RAW app in CS - plus, shooting RAW can save a poorly exposed image (to an extent).

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that the image appears underexposed. Also check to make sure your computer screen is calibrated. Assuming the exposure was correct in the camera, if your computer screen is not correctly calibrated, images can appear over exposed, when in fact they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davids3001064  - I worry less about calibrating my monitor, particularly as it's impossible to account for all the various monitors where the image might be viewed, and I look at the histogram and info pallet - calibration is most important - IMHO, for working with print or within a group - and it also depends on where you're working - are the walls a neutral gray? etc...

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, calibration, but I just wonder how useful it is to a stand alone photographer working on a laptop under all different lighting conditions? Also, a monitor would have to be way off to look at the above photo and think "this is okay"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines