• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets in numbered lists

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a step that appears in several numbered procedures and I'd like to use a snippet for the step, but I can't figure out how to make the formatting work.

I've adding an unformated snippet it to the numbered list, figuring that RH would see it as the next numbered item in the list. No luck. The snippet is inserted after the previous step but before the next numbered item, like this:

1. blah blah blah
snippet snippet snippet

I've tried inserting the snippet, then applying Format>Bullets and Numbering to the snippet, but that option isn't available.

I've tried formatting the snippet itself as a numbered item and then inserting it into my numbered list hoping that the snippet number would increment correctly. Again, no luck.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can use snippets within a list. Click this link and you will find an article on Snippets that should help.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp

Click this link to request what you want as a new feature.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter,

You're right. Thanks for pointing me to this article. Here's the reference in case anyone else is interested:

An exception is in bulleted and numbered lists. For snippets inserted in or immediately following a list item, RoboHelp adds a <div> tag. This placement has the effect of a list comment: The snippet begins a new line but continues the list item, and does not itself become a numbered or bulleted item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp