• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parenting link broken when Pasting

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue? Its been persistent for at least the last 2 versions.

I've been noticing parent/child relationships breaking, seemingly at random as I'm work on a comp.

I just recently noticed that it happens during a paste of an animated property from one layer into another.

In this case, both layers are children of null object that drives a scale animation.

When I paste, the parent is deselected on the layer being pasted into.

BUT, when I perform an undo, only the parent de-linking is undone.  I have to undo twice to undo the paste command.

Paste-error.gif

I know many users may not use parenting or null objects at all, but they are a crutal part of my toolbox in 2d and 3d work, and its a total pain to have an otherwise robust and editable workflow turn into a house of cards while I'm working in it. Very un AE behavior.

Anyone able to recreate the problem?

I'm using CC 2017.1on OSX 10.11.6 ; But I'm quite sure its been happening for a while.

I already checked the known issues list and its not there.

Best,

D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

I'm late in reporting that the latest version of Animation Composer has resolved this issue, and continues to be a fantastic tool for fast turnaround, high quality work.
I use it most for in/out transitions, and text reveals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this happening and I can't cause it to happen. I wonder what's different between your setup and the one I just tested.

Any chance you can share the full project?

Are you using today's update (CC 2017.2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam,

Odd that it is not repeatable on your end.

Here is a trimmed project with placeholders only. in this case the affected layers were text anyhow, parented to a null.

Regional Homelessness Openers_trimmed.aep.zip - Google Drive

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to perform the exact same operation as displayed in the GIF but could not reproduce this bug: copy Animator 1 from "Homelessness" layer to "Pathways out" and the parent is staying intact. using Windows 10 Ae 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do either of you have "Animation Composer" installed on your machine?

I've got in transitions on the text elements affected...

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome. I love squashing bugs.

I don't have Animation Composter installed. you could try and isolate the problem and see if that is related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an animation composer related issue- thanks for your help guys

I'll bring it up with mister horse himself, and report here when it's fixed.

Best,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late in reporting that the latest version of Animation Composer has resolved this issue, and continues to be a fantastic tool for fast turnaround, high quality work.
I use it most for in/out transitions, and text reveals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for helping debug this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines