• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After recent MacOS update, CC is dragging

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

immediately after updating to version 10.12.4 photoshop would not open a few large files. i tried opening photoshop on its own, and it gave me an error pop up about display driver. i updated the apps, which now allows me to use photoshop again, but it is horrifically slow. not sure what is going on.

running creative cloud 2017 on a mac pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

That had no effect - however... that started me thinking. I use FontExplorer X Pro, and remembered it had a plugin to intercept/activate font requests from photoshop. i disabled that, and the file flew open immediately.

So... the issue is the update has done something with FontExplorer, not photoshop.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dlptx,

As you are facing a performance issue with Photoshop, I suggest you have a look at this article and let us know if it helps.

Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Please tell us what error are you getting regarding the GPU, please follow the article below to troubleshoot GPU regarding issues: -

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has nothing to do with the settings (although i went through the link you provided, and went item by item to verify).

i am in the middle of putting together a small catalog at the moment, and am using photoshop for most of the layout/design. every spread that i have created, i can open from bridge and have it opened and ready in photoshop in approx 2-3 seconds (these are larger files... 17x11 spreads... 300dpi... roughly 90-100mb files). since the update, the exact same file is now taking 45-60 seconds to open. nothing else has changed outside of updating to macOS 10.12.4 (and subsequently, after this issue arose, making sure that CC was updated to the latest versions).

it directly has something to do with CPU usage. ive opened activity monitor, and when attempting to open one of these files, the CPU usage of photoshop spikes to 99% until the file is opened and editable in photoshop, then drops back down to 1-2%.

i have asked a friend with the same exact setup (he has less memory, but same exact machine) to open one of these files... he has not updated to 10.12.4 yet... there are no issues with his machine. it opens in 4-5 seconds, and cpu usage never exceeds 5%.

at this point, its fairly safe to say that there is some sort of issue with the latest version of Sierra. question is - WHAT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your efforts, could you try disabling the Font preview, Type > Font Preview Size > None

Restart Photoshop after disabling font preview and let us know if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That had no effect - however... that started me thinking. I use FontExplorer X Pro, and remembered it had a plugin to intercept/activate font requests from photoshop. i disabled that, and the file flew open immediately.

So... the issue is the update has done something with FontExplorer, not photoshop.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it working, feel free to reach out to us for any future queries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines