• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particular Emitter at center of 3D Camera Track?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Can anybody give me a down and dirty explanation of how (and why) Particular's emitter gets placed in 3D space when I'm dealing with a 3D camera track?

Generally, I'd like to put my  emitter at the center of my camera track and "fly" my camera thru the cloud of particles. But I'm having a devil of a time understanding how to exactly place my emitter at the center of the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Create a null object based off of some of your tracking points and either put those values in your emitter's position or tie it with expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a null object based off of some of your tracking points and either put those values in your emitter's position or tie it with expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Perform camera tracking
  2. Set an origin and groundplane that makes sense
  3. Pick some geometry in the shot where you want the Emitter to be
  4. Add a camera and a null to that target
  5. Add a light to the composition
  6. Hold down the shift key and parent polite to the null making the null the parent (This will move the light to the same position as the null)
  7. Rename the light "emitter"
  8. use the light as your emitter in Particular

This is pretty basic Particular stuff if you have read the manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, guys. I have in fact read the manual, but the mistake I was making is that I was tying the solid layer's position to the tracking point, NOT the emitter's position. I'm having better luck with it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines